We have an exciting opportunity for a Sheltered Scheme Manager to join our award winning business.
The role is focused on delivering a proactive and responsive service to tenants living in retirement housing, in order for them to maintain their independence, health and enjoyment.
Building relationships with tenants, providing a point of contact for any issues that may arise.
The role involves promoting and encouraging tenant involvement in social activities and wider community involvement and also facilitating effective joint working with external agencies in order to maximise tenant welfare.
You will also be monitoring tenant rent arrears, letting vacant properties and managing health and safety issues around the scheme in line with Company procedures.
This is a great opportunity to work in a stand alone role within a supportive and friendly team network.
Who we are...
Cross Keys Homes is a commercial business with a social heart. We're dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable housing in prosperous communities.
We're the largest social housing landlord in Peterborough, managing more than 11,000 properties and housing around 14% of the city’s population. We're also growing and moving into new areas, including Huntingdonshire, Milton Keynes, and Bedfordshire. We provide affordable homes for social rent, private rent, leasehold and shared ownership.
We want to provide high-quality, affordable homes to even more people. That's why, over the last 10 years, we’ve built more than 1,300 new homes. And by 2018, we'll be building around 400 homes every year.
We’re more than just a landlord. We want to make neighbourhoods happy and vibrant places for people to live. We do that by investing in homes, green spaces and leisure facilities, and by supporting local people through training, education and employment.
We’re also dedicated to the needs of older and vulnerable people – being the city's largest provider of independent living schemes. With our LifeLine emergency alarm service, community care, sheltered housing and our state-of the-art extra care facilities like Lapwing Apartments, we help people live independently with support available if they need it.
RequirementsThis is what we are looking for…
- A good understanding of the needs of older people. Experience of working with vulnerable adults and/or older people.
- Experience working in housing, health or social care.
- Experience of partnership working with other agencies.
- Experience of carrying out assessments and identifying needs.
- Experience of involving customers in decision making and service provision.
- Experience of working to health and safety procedures and risk assessments.
- Knowledge of the welfare benefits system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to relate to a diverse group of older people
- Ability to work effectively on your own; as a team member and with other agencies.
- Good IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good personal organisation, record keeping and prioritising skills.
- Hold a valid driver’s licence.
- Use of a vehicle for work
- Willingness to undertake and maintain an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) chec
In return we are offering:
- a competitive salary of £20,767 - £23,006 depending on knowledge skills and experience
- Working hours: are 37 hours worked Monday to Friday: 830am to 430pm
- A great working environment with all the tools needed to fulfil your role
- A friendly and supportive team
- Excellent opportunities for learning and working towards gaining relevant qualifications
- A highly competitive contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Weekly onsite yoga classes (Head Office)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme